Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Friday, September 26, 2014

Finished: Simplicity 2444


This is another very old sewing pattern that I only just sewed - Simplicity 2444. Actually, I bought this pattern a couple years ago after seeing so many great versions around the internet, but I didn't get around to sewing it up until last week.



I cut a size 12, which fit pretty well as is. I lowered the neckline significantly. I hate when necklines are too high - it feels like I'm being choked by my dress. I also chopped off at least 3 inches from the hem, which is pretty standard for me.

I like the definition that the red belt gives to my waist, but I don't like wearing belts. They never seem to stay in place. I wish I would have put piping on the waist seam so I don't have to wear a belt every time I wear it. Lesson for next time... Also next time, I am going to lengthen the bodice by about an inch. Right now, it's sitting a little higher than my natural waist, so I think it will look better lowered slightly.


I actually used quilting cotton for this dress, which I haven't done before. I bought this on clearance and I just wanted to experiment with a different fabric. But this particular fabric wasn't a great choice. It sewed well and it looks fine, but it's just a little thinner than I would like for a dress. If I use quilting cotton again to sew clothes, I will make sure to find a higher quality fabric.

It was windy out!

And here's a final shot - detail of the neckline and leopard print fabric.




No comments:

Post a Comment